When it comes to the men of entertainment and fashion, those that showcase day in and day out their abilities to not only be what we here at SG consider gentlemanly qualities, but outstanding talents in their professions, they are also wonderful fathers. Since Father’s Day is just around the corner, we want to pay homage to the 50 most influential fathers in sports, fashion, politics, music and entertainment. These men are being recognized for what they do, and most of all displaying the qualities of a gentleman. Here are the men and their families that we are honoring for Father’s Day.
- Prince William- British Royalty and father to Prince George.
- Barack Obama- U.S. President and father to daughters Sasha and Malia.
- Channing Tatum- Actor/Dancer recently seen in 22 Jump Street. Married to Jenna Dewan (Step Up co-star) and father to daughter Every Tatum.
- Neil Patrick Harris/ David Burtka- Happily married Hollywood couple. Our Doogie Howser child star and actor and chef husband can be found toting their twins Harper and Gideon.
- Hugh Jackman- The sensational Aussie himself received his breakout role as Xmens Wolverine and his fantastic role in the Boy from OZ. Now playing Black Beard in the upcoming musical. He is the father to Ava and Oscar.
- Matt Bomer- The sultry dancing white-collar working actor has made a name for himself in Hollywood, and we feel he is worthy of being called an influential father. He is a father to three boys, Kit, Henry and Walker.
- Mark Ruffalo- Following Bomer is Normal Hearts star Mark Ruffalo who can also be seen in Marvel comics playing The Hulk. He is the father to children, Keen, Bella and Odette.
- Jay-Z- When it comes to the rap game no one has as much game as Jay-Z. Husband to another performing tycoon Beyoncé, this power couple produced the most memorable work of art, daughter Blue Ivy.
- David Beckham- Former football (soccer) player and of course gentleman and fashion icon David shares his love of style with wife, former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham and their children, Harper, Romeo, Brooklyn and Cruz.
10. Brad Pitt- This man is no stranger to the silver screen with hit movies like World War Z and 12 Years A Slave. He is also keeping media playing the guessing game on his hopefully soon-to-be marriage to Hollywood royalty Angelina Jolie. This power couple has a family of six including Shiloh, Vivienne, Maddox, Knox, Zahara and Pax. The Jolie-Pitt clan brings new meaning to a full house.
11. Sir Elton John/ David Furnish- No one can match the larger than life British pop sensation and husband. Godfather to a Beckham child, he shares his time with his husband and two sons, Zachary and Elijah.
12. Swizz Beatz- The new Harvard accepted musician and husband to girl on fire Alicia Keys can be seen and heard on the music runway and fathering children, Egypt, Nicole, Prince and Kaseem Jr.
13. Will Smith- Actor, musician, comedian, husband and devoted father, Will Smith is another heavy hitter in the list of fathers. His children are no stranger to the screen and stage with Willow whipping her hair or sharing the screen with his son, Jaden or making music with son, Trey.
14. Chris Hemsworth- Another fellow Aussie and action actor, Chris also known as Thor is the proud father to children, India, Tristan and Sasha.
15. Johnny Depp- Ye,s our favorite pirate will be on the big screen again in Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Disney’s take on a classic Sondheim musical turn movie Into the Woods. This actor can do it all and be a father to Lily and John Depp.
16. Kanye West- There is no doubt the newlywed West and father to North West and now husband to Kim Kardashian is always a topic of conversation and heading up the industry with his fashions.
17. John Green- Acclaimed author of recent box-office and bookshelf hit The Fault in Our Stars, Green proves that once you do something well, you should keep doing it. He is the author of several other young adult fiction novels with talks of another one of them being brought to the big screen. Green is the husband of Sarah Urist Green and the father of Henry and Alice Green.
18. Mario Lopez- Former X-factor host and child star saves us by the bell. He is the father to son, Dominic and daughter, Gia.
19. Chris Pratt- Parks and Recreation funny man and soon to be action hero, Chris Pratt has gone through a major transition. Now in his upcoming film Guardians of the Galaxy he shares his life with comedic wife, Anna Farris and children, Angie and Cully.
20. Patrick Dempsey- The resident McDreamy and gentleman in his own right Patrick Dempsey is a husband to Jill Fink as well as a father to children, Tallula, Darby and Sullivan.
21. Matthew McConaughey- There is no greater Southernmost Gentleman than this Oscar award-winning actor. Matthew is the embodiment of southern charm and true father figure to Livingston, Vida and Levi.
22. Simon Cowell- There is no better Brit than this music mogul who is responsible for the careers of acts like Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and billion dollar boy band One Direction. His latest success story, fatherhood to new baby Eric.
23. Daniel Craig- No greater Bond has greeted the screen than Daniel Craig. The Skyfall, star is father to daughter, Ella. It’s safe to say we wait patiently for his next film.
24. Orlando Bloom- Whether being seen in Lord of the Rings or with co-star Jonny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean, Orlando bloom displays class and the epitomic nature of fatherhood to Flynn.
25. Usher- The Voice judge and velvet singer, songwriter and producer who brought us Justin Beiber is on our list of favorable fathers enjoying his career and daddy duties to son Usher V and Naviyd.
26. Ricky Martin- We are living lavida loca for Latin singer Ricky Martin and father to children, Valentino and Matteo. The Voice Australia judge makes a strong presence out and proud and tackling fatherhood.
27. Bruce Willis- The Die Hard and Expendables star needs no introduction. His career as an actor and director matches his career as a father to Scott, Tallulah, Rumer, Mabel and Evelyn. Soon to be seen in Sin City: A dame to kill for.
28. Nick Cannon- Husband to iconic chanteuse Mariah Carey, actor and father to Moroccan and Monroe, Canon makes our list at 28 for influential father.
29. Gavin Rossdale- Beck singer, front man and husband to singer and front woman Gwen Stefani enjoys his time with children, Daisy, Kingston, Zuma and Apollo.
30. Dennis Quaid- Let’s take a trip to yester-year and remember the father to Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap. Dennis Quaid passes his talents to son, Jack Quaid who played Marvel in The Hunger Games, and enjoys time with his other children, Zoe and Thomas.
31. Tom Hanks- If ever stranded on an island, this heavy hitting actor will be sure to keep you company along with side-kick Wilson. Leading the way for actor son Colin and his clan of Hanks, Truman, Elizabeth and Chet, this Oscar award-winner is more than a father figure and makes our list at number 31.
32. John Cho- Actor in 2013’s Star Trek and famous for his role in Harold and Kumar, John Cho hits the father scene with son, Kage Cho.
33. Jude Law- As the side-kick to Sherlock Holmes and playing Dom Hemingway, Jude sets an example and showcases his talent as a father to children, Rafferty, Iris, Sophia and Rudy.
34. Jason Bateman- Arrested Development and Bad Words actor, Jason makes the list at 34 making his children, Francesca and Maple laugh on a daily basis, no doubt.
35. Ben Affleck- This list would not be complete without producer and actor Mr. Affleck who is the proud father to Violet, Samuel, Seraphina and Elizabeth.
36. Jeremy Renner- Another Marvel hero Jeremy Renner, better known as Hawkeye and also grabbing an upcoming role in Kill The Messenger made our list for his fathering role of daughter, Ava.
37. James Van Der Beek- As the teen heart throb in the role of Dawson Leary makes his way back to television, he also manages to find time for daughter, Olivia and son, Joshua.
38. Christian Bale- The Dark Knight himself makes a statement as Batman and his role in American Hustle. Now as a father to daughter, Emmeline, Bale is our number 38.
39. Boris Kodjoe- Native to Vienna, Austria, actor Boris and devoted husband and father to Sophie and Nicholas is making a name for himself at number 39.
40. Joel Madden- Good Charlotte singer, UNICEF and Goodwill ambassador Joel is making our list of fabulous fathers as the husband to Nicole Richie and father to Harlow and Sparrow Madden.
41. Brian Austin Green- Resident bad boy and husband to vivacious Megan Fox, Brian of 90210 is the father to Noah, Kassius and Bodhi.
42. James Marsden- What would this list be without Corny Collins from Hairspray? Marsden, recently seen in The Butler balances the job of acting and father to his children Jack, William and Mary.
43. Josh Duhamel- This fergalicious husband is no stranger to the big screen and music scene with wife, Fergie and son, Axl.
44. Phillipi Sparks- Ex-football player and father to American Idol season 6 winner Jordan Sparks, Phillipi is a heavy hitter. Instilling in his daughter and son, P.J., that hard work does pay off.
45. Mark Wahlberg- There is no better true Bostonian than Mark Wahlberg. Actor and director and former model and rapper, he is doing it all with his latest movie Lone Survivor, but he is playing the best part of all: father to children, Ella, Michael, Grace and Brendan.
46. Tom Brady- This New England Patriots quarterback is married Victoria’s Secret royalty, Gisele Bündchen. Brady proves to be a role model on and off the field to aspiring football players, fans and fathers he doing justice to his children, John, Vivian and Benjamin.
47. Nick Lachey- As an older brother, and singer and former reality TV star, once married to Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey has taken his artform to new heights drawing inspiration from his wife, Vanessa Manilo and son, Camden.
48. Matt Damon- Matt Damon does not fall too far behind his counterpart Ben Affleck coming in at 48. As Jason Bourne, he managed to create daring escapes and fight scenes on trains but never fails to come home to his four daughters, Alexia, Stella, Isabella and Gia.
49. Dwayne Johnson- If you can smell what the Rock is cooking then you know who we are referring to. Our number 49 father, Dwayne Johnson, is a devoted actor, athlete and father to daughter, Simone.
50. Keith Urban- Last but most certainly not least we have our favorite Aussie Idol judge and country singer, Keith Urban. Married to Australian wife and beauty, Nicole Kidman, they share two children, Sunday and Faith.
These men have made the list for their hard work as fathers, musicians, thespians, directors, producers, fashion moguls and political leaders. From Southernmost Gentleman to these gentlemen we would like to wish them all a happy Father’s Day.